Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NL East - Manny Ramirez  (Read 3254 times)
Fairfax
Administrator
General Manager

« on: July 16, 2009, 03:28:58 PM »

Division : NL East
Player : Manny Ramirez (FFX)
Link to Players Catobase entry : http://www.thecblonline.com/website/players/r/ramiremanny931.html

Reasoning : A stud for the 13 seasons he spent in the CBL, he powered 460 HR in that short time span, with a .297 BA. Manny still ranks 1st in Career slugging, 1st in OPS, 5th in OBP, 21st in HR, 27th in RBI, and 18th in BB. His best season came in 2002 when he hit .342 with 51 HR and 156 RBI to the tune of a 1.158 OPS.
Ushuaia
Administrator
General Manager

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 05:26:38 AM »

Sorry to say that changing division names screws up Cato's database. Remember that we started with Eastern, Central and Western in OOTP2, then changed to East, Central and West in V5 but I had to fix them manually within the database to avoid crashes. Differ to awards and every player page (that Cato re-creates every single year), past seasons aren't updated when a new one gets uploaded into the database. While most leagues have passed on Cato due to its tendency to bomb away, we've been running it with almost no trouble whatsoever.

Another thing that you should keep on using when a player is renamed is the link to its OOTP player page. Have in mind that, unless a new draftee, I have to change his old name for the new one in draft sheet of the database. An easy copy and paste, but bothers me to have to go thru OOTP's pages to find out the fella's draft season and position. Link and season the name change was processed in the title, please, saves a lot of time. I have to do the copy and paste at season's end when Cato is updated, cannot do that stuff now. Somethig like:

Title: FFX rename for '34
AAA C W. Viga -> Russell Martin
http://www.thecblonline.com/files/p565.html

Fairfax
Administrator
General Manager

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 10:03:58 AM »

Ok, no problem. These division renames lost steam anyways.

I'll update the player rename thread for the required format.

Thanks!
Marrakesh
Administrator
General Manager

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 10:33:28 AM »

Bummer. I remember one of the main points of the potential renaming being to get rid of the geographical names, given team movement. I think I'll live, though.  Wink

"Lord of the rebel fiefdom"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: