Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GM Peters signs life-time deal with Cards, pledges allegiance to franchise  (Read 2088 times)
St. Louis
Owners
General Manager

« on: October 20, 2015, 03:16:00 PM »

St. Louis, MO – The Cardinals and original owner Heath Peters today signed a life-time agreement with the GM that pledges as long as baseball is played in the CBL, Peters will be the GM of the franchise. “This is a great day for baseball and for me personally. I love baseball and I love this franchise. I left once before, but never again. As long as I am around, I pledge my commitment to the fans of this great franchise we will compete every year” explained Peters.

“It’s been a very, very long time…some forty plus years ago, this city and franchise enjoyed success in my first tenure with the team. We had some great teams that won two championships, back-to-back” stated Peters. Teams led with Cardinals legends of Jack Cust, Torii Hunter, Rafael Furcal, Matt Morris, and Josh Beckett won the World Series in both the 2014 and 2015 seasons. Forty plus years later, the Cardinals won their third championship during the 2059 season.

During the mid-20’s, Peters stepped down from his role as GM of the Cardinals. “I had other interests at the time that I chose to pursue. Baseball would always be my first love though” said Peters. During the 30’s, Peters indeed came back to baseball, this time as GM with the San Jose River Sharks. “We had some good seasons with (Chien-Ming) Wang and (Edson) Martinez, but never won big. I appreciated the opportunity to run San Jose, however my love was not only baseball, but tied to St. Louis. That was my team, and I sent it away years earlier. Again I left the game to chase other dreams” stated Peters.

In the late 50’s Peters received another chance at redemption with his first love and was hired by a struggling St. Louis franchise. A franchise that, during the dark days of the mid-20’s through the mid-50’s, only made one playoff appearance. One. This was in stark contrast to the success of the St. Louis franchise that made twelve playoff appearances in the first twenty-plus years. During the dark days, nearly two generations of fans did not experience great baseball, only multiple losing seasons and apathy.

What will the 2060 season have in store for the franchise? Will the back-to-back magic of the last Cardinal championships emerge once again? “Should be a fun season, we like our chances this year” stated Peters. Indeed, the 2060 season and beyond should give Cardinals fans hope this year and beyond.
Ushuaia
Administrator
General Manager

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 04:18:51 AM »

Nice.
New England
Owners
General Manager

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 11:32:11 PM »

I like.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print